No results found.
Vitomarci 58, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Hrgova Homestead is an important monument of folk architecture at the beginning of the 19th century. It is situated at the top of the village of Vitomarci and is a type of L-shaped Pannonian house - house with an outbuilding. The homestead is a typical house with a pitched straw roof, with a smaller outbuilding – with a wine cellar. The indoor living area is also traditional.
Apače 38, 9253 Apače (   Map )
Prvotno katoliško župnijsko pokopališče je bilo okoli cerkve v Apačah. Cesar Jožef II je leta 1784 z ediktom prepovedal pokopališča v središčih vasi zato se je na mestu današnjega pokopališča določila nova lokacija. Obzidje starega pokopališča je bilo odstranjeno že leta 1832. V zgodnjih letih 20. stoletja evangeličanskih vernikov ni bilo dovoljeno pokopavati na katoliškem pokopališču, le ob njem ali v drugih krajih.
Spodnji Žerjavci 41b, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
On Bunderla tourist farm, we try to win over the gourmand tastes of all who love homemade, traditional Slovene food with our home-cooked food. We serve lunches, dinners and cold cuts for special occasions, paired with selected in-house wine and, of course, freshly baked bread. The sweet specialty of out establishment is the “gibanica”, made by carefully following the recipe of our grandmother.
Rožengrunt 37, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Besides tourism, the main business of the farm is livestock farming: they keep cattle, pigs, poultry, sheep, rabbits and fallow deer. The farm has 10 ha of arable land. Everything they produce, they sell on the farm. If you wish for some peace, you can watch fallow deer in nearby pens, walk through woods or along gravel paths. They offer different types of home-produced wines, cider, grape juice, peel oven bread, gibanica and homemade cold cuts.
Örökzöld u. 7, 9970 Szentgotthárd (   Map )
On 15 December 1957, János Brenner the chaplain of Rábakethely was brutally murdered. The martyr pastor could not be commemorated publicly during the communist dictatorship. The first official commemoration ceremony was held on 13 December 1992 after the change in the regime when a crucifix was erected in front of the School Chapel in Zsida a few metres away from his place of murder.
46.8667018,16.3108832   (   Map )
Based on its history, the pristine forest of Szalafő could not really be termed „pristine”, as it has enjoyed its relative wilderness for hardly more than half a century. However, it is one of those forested areas in Hungary that have been left in their natural condition for the longest time, and therefore it is of outstanding natural and scientific value.
46.8446312,16.4057931   (   Map )
One of the best known monuments in the Őrség region. The first church of the Zala Valley had certainly been in existence in the middle of the 13th century, and its construction can probably be related to the watchmen, the Zala-watchmen of the area. The patron saint of the church also confirms this: St.Peter. The nave and the western tower of the church are built in richly embellished Romanesque style to which a large Gothic section had been added.
Froleh 9, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The farm is situated between Sveta Ana and Benedikt, more accurately in the village of Froleh. To guests, they offer excellent homemade food and beverages. They can boast with their gold awarded homemade bread baked in a peel oven, homemade gibanica and meat from tünka.  Aside from excellent homemade food and beverages, the farm offers travellers a lovely view in a peaceful area. Their core business is farming but they have started to produce wine too.
Apače 97, 9253 Apače (   Map )
The Church of the Assumption of Mary proudly reaches for the sky in the very centre of Apače. The beginning of the construction of the church dates back to 1200, the original church, that used to stand on its place, was built long before that. Throughout history, the church was upgraded until, in the 18th century, it was given its present form.
Gradenšak 10, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
Kužno znamenje na kvadratnem podstavku je iz obdobja 1710–1712, ko je tod zadnjič morila kuga. Domačini mu pravijo tudi pomorski križ. Njegove niše krasijo podobe svetnikov. Stoji ob hiši številka 9 v Gradenšaku.
46.865283,16.347026   (   Map )
In the Őrség region the river Zala, which is just a trickling little stream here called „Szala”, had for a long time been a vital element of the landscape for the people settled here. Today it is primarily the landscape that represents the valley’s local importance. The alder groves along the stream bed and the traditional orchards on the hill sides and in the bottom of the valley are habitats of European communal importance.
46.8295632,16.4572251   (   Map )
The building recalls the atmosphere of the 1920s and presents how our ancestors lived and what tools they used in their everday lives. The thatched roofed house in the middle of the village was built at the end of the 1800s with the joint effort of the locals: they built a staff house for the smith of Nagykovács. The house was planned for the bank of the Zala River as the water is indispensable for cooling the wrought iron.
Zgornja Ščavnica 58, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
A beautiful brick and part wooden house, owned by the Urbanič family and for four generations also called the Grafonž homestead, that allows us to have a look at a museum of the life and management in the past. They also have a stationary and excursion tourism. The Grafonž homestead consists of the house, a barn, hayrack, wooden toilet, apiary, fountain, a place to dry flax and a trellis.
Hrastovec v Slov. goricah 22, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Castle Hrastovec, located on the hill above the valley of the river Pesnica, is one of the mightiest castles of Slovenian Styria. The name Hrastovec (originally Gvtenhage) is first mentioned in the Styrian state urbarium for the year 1265. It is assumed, however, that the first mentioning of Gvtenhage does not refer to Hrastovec castle as we now know it, but probably to a small settlement or a much smaller stronghold on the hill.
Črnci 47, 9253 Apače (   Map )
Freudenau Manor, or, as we call it today, Meinl Castle, which stands in the village of Črnci, has had several names and owners throughout its history. In the middle of the 13th century the castle was supposed to be a hunting lodge. Today's Baroque building of Freudenau Manor, with its large estate, dates back to the 17th century. A special feature of the castle is a round Roman relief from the 2nd century, which represents a pair of hugging spouses.
46.8485919,16.3954304   (   Map )
The image of the old traditional farms in the Őrség region would not be complete without the orchards around the houses and the traditional orchards lying some distance away on steeper hill sides with spaciously scattered fruit trees of varying ages that are still a characteristic feature and habitat in this region.
Széll Kálmán tér 9, 9970 Szentgotthárd (   Map )
The Virgin Mary Church (Nagyboldogasszony templom) was built in Baroque style between 1748 and 1779 on the basis of the plans by Franz Anton Pilgram. The bearing of the church was laid only on 14th August 1748 but the construction was moved on so fast that before the end of the renovation, on the occasion of the hundredth anniversary of the Battle at Szentgotthárd, the church could have been consecrated by Alberik Fritz, successor of Robert Leeb who had died meanwhile.
46.7997209,16.4733671   (   Map )
The age of this very old linden tree at the edge of the village Szatta is estimated at 400 years and its origin has been traced back to the times of the country’s Turkish occupation. Legend has it that a woman fleeing from the rage of the Turks with her child had broken a twig off a linden tree and stuck it into the ground for posterity. The little twig had been blessed with life and vitality, taken root and grown into the miraculously old tree we see today.
46.69379,15.89057   (   Map )
Kapelica z zvonikom je bila najverjetneje zgrajena na prelomu 19. in 20. stoletja. Imenuje se tudi Žalostna mati božja. V pritličnem delu zvonika so v stranskih nišah novejše poslikave. Vsako leto se v mesecu maju pri vaški kapeli odvija vremenska maša.
46.8853889,16.5333113   (   Map )
Őrimagyarósd was founded by border guards in the period of the Kingdom of Hungary. In 1270, King Steven V issued the patent of the guards of “Monorosd” which determined their rights and duties in details. The Castle, Fortress of Őrimagyarósd came to existence during the Ottoman Hungary period. The Darabos Family of Magyarósd converted their own noble mansion for guarding purposes around 1590.
Lormanje 32, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The memorial stands in the settlement of Lormanje above lake Komarnik, in the Črni les forest. It was erected in memory of Agata of Štralek (today’s Zgornja Voličina), the wife of Friderik Herberstein of Hrastovec castle. The memorial was renovated in 1665 and again in 1789, but was forgotten after that and fell into ruin. The Catholic society Zarja from Lenart rebuilt the memorial on the same spot in 1939.
46.8382611,16.4151029   (   Map )
Razstava je bila ustanovljena leta 2003 kot samostojna zbirka, ki temelji na večdesetletnem delu predsednika Lovskega društva Széchenyi Zsigmond iz Őriszentpétera, Mátyása Gömbösa. Razstava je osnovana na trofejah gostitelja razstave, na trofejah divjadi, ulovljenih v Őrségu, med katerimi so kapitalni jelenovi rogovi in veliki podočniki (čekani) divjega merjasca, zanimivi srnjakovi rogovi in trofeje divjih živali, odstreljenih zaradi njihovih neustreznih genskih lastnosti.
46.657379,15.853096   (   Map )
The Ščavnica River is a lowland river in the northeast part of Slovenia. Its headwaters are 330m above sea level in the northeast part of Slovenske gorice, in Zgornja Velka.  In the past, the Ščavnica River had a larger volume of water. It used to power the numerous watermills that stood on the river. Today, only the modern, electrically powered Rožman’s mill is still on the river. Water is not only important for the existence of human society, but also for fauna and flora.
Apače 34, 9253 Apače (   Map )
With the immigration of people from Prekmurje to the Apače Valley in the 1930s, the Evangelical community was founded. They needed a place of worship, therefore, in 1931, with great effort, they bought a house by the main road through Apače with some land attached to it and extra land for a cemetery. The house was built around 1864, renovated in 1917, and the last renovation in 2017 gave it its current beautiful look.
46.839637,16.2857755   (   Map )
Today being part of Slovenia, this village’s undoubtedly most widely known and most important natural value is the Lake of Hodos fed by the Dolenc stream. The water body of the lake brought about by using the principle of a dam is a decisive element of the landscape. What gives its outstanding natural value is primarily its avifauna which also makes it part of the international network of Important Bird Areas (IBA).
46.935848,16.310854   (   Map )
One of Szentgotthárd's most beautiful places is Lake Hársas in Máriújfalu which is an artificial lake fed by Hársas brook originating in the forest of the neighbouring Apátistvánfalva. It is popular not only with fishermen but also with bathers and hikers. The 1-km ‘Hársas Lake' study trial is next to the lakeside walkway and introduces the wildlife and architectural values of the lake's vicinity.
Hunyadi u. 6, 9970 (   Map )
The building of the museum, the so-called Stajer House was originally built for the foreign workers of the scythe factory established by Baron József Wieser in 1902. With its beautiful pillared arcade, the museum is a prevailing element of townscape. The building has been hosting the Pável Ágoston Museum of Local History and Slovenian National Minority since 1983, the 800th anniversary of the foundation of Szentgotthárd.
46.759991,16.3415323   (   Map )
The Pottery-house at Magyarszombatfa presents the form of dwelling and way of life of a typical peasant craftsman. The turntables and kinds of pots that had been made at and around Szombatfa from the late 19th century to the middle of the 20th century are on display here. The room and smoke kitchen of the 19th century log-walled dwelling house shows the late 19th century living space of the poor peasants where many pieces of simple hard wood furniture can be seen.
Spodnja Voličina 77, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
The church of St. Rupert stands in the village centre of Spodnja Voličina. Just a few kilometers to the North is Hrastovec castle, and to the East lies the town of Lenart. The church, which is covered with a steep gable roof, consists of a spacious Gothic nave and presbytery, and also has a tall, massive bell tower on the North end. Apart from this, the church also has a sacristy on the South end and two Baroque chapels.
Drbetinci 26, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
This chapel is situated in upper Drbetinci and has a lovely view of the valley, Pohorje and the Church of St. Andrew. According to oral tradition, it is supposed to be the site of the murder of two basket makers, also known as ‘tutoši’. The killer repented and erected the chapel with their graves underneath it.
Móra Ferenc u. 3, 9955 (   Map )
The ethnological collection in Rábafüzes was opened by the former principal Ferenc Dankovics and his wife Angyalka Szőke in 1986 in the school building. After Ferenc Dankovics' death, the management of the collection was taken over by Mrs. László Cseri until the school of Rábafüzes was closed down. On the basis of the collection, a picture gallery was established in 2006. A Local History Exhibition was opened in 2009 based on the collection of the Dankovics couple.
46.876321,16.5479583   (   Map )
In the Vadása Valley the building of the Vadása Lake started in 1968, with the use of the water of the Vadása Creek. The name was given because a lot of foxes lived in this area and dug holes along the creek, and the creek was named “dug by the wild” that is “vad-ásta”, in Hungarian, shortened Vadása. 12 springs feed its clear water. The 200-meter wide and 350-meter long lake is a popular destination for hikers in the summer months. Vadása Lake consists of two lakes.
46.8320772,16.4654611   (   Map )
Having become the symbol of Őrség, the skirted belfry of Pankasz has been standing on top of the settlement’s highest hillock since 1755. Among these typical structures of folk architecture in the region, the one at Pankasz is the oldest and the most impressive.
46.8091456,16.3086219   (   Map )
At Kapornak, which today belongs to Hodoš administratively, the inhabitants of the village have established an orchard for the conservation of local fruit species within the framework of the Fairy-garden movement widely spread in Hungary. In an area of about 30x50m surrounded by a fence all around, some 60 young fruit trees of a height between 1 and 1.5 m can be found.
46.8629754,16.329723   (   Map )
The watchmen of olden times had built their groups of houses consisting of dwelling and farm buildings on hilltops and clearings, establishing in this way scattered settlements. Szalafő is a listed village on account of its structure, and it is a settlement that might possibly possess the most folk values in the Őrség region.
46.8480971,16.4017447   (   Map )
Templomszer near Őriszentpéter is known for its Roman Catholic Church dating back to the times of the Árpád Dynasty (cc. 895 -1301) and surrounded by a deep ditch and a double mound. The bricks used for building the castle wall that stood here were baked in the brick kiln located in front of the church mound and restored to its original condition. Its remains were unearthed in the 1980s. A protective building was erected over the site of the kiln by the National Board of Historical Monuments.
Széll Kálmán tér 11, 9970 Szentgotthárd (   Map )
The Baroque garden, the orchards and the rows of trees were established in the Heiligenkreuz era, which is today known as the castle garden and it is the biggest public park. Contemporary documents and descriptions of the Cistercian library mention the soothing feeling of looking down onto the garden of the abbey. The area under local protection features several rare plants and consists of an English park and a Baroque garden. The Orangery is an important building herein.
46.8146642,16.3444604   (   Map )
One fifth of the about 50 pairs of white storks nesting in the Őrség National Park can be found within a single settlement, Bajánsenye. Compared to other settlements this is a salient figure that can partly be attributed to the settlement structure. Along the several kms long road storks can find more places for nesting than in the smaller dispersed settlements typical of the Őrség region.
46.8629754,16.329723   (   Map )
In the Őrség, at the farm houses we can still come across tiny ponds of a diameter of 4-5 m, made by the local people a couple of decades ago when these ponds had a decisive role in everyday life. Originally, they were dug for collecting water for the farm animals and irrigation.
46.844631,16.4057931   (   Map )
It was built in 1790, after the Patent of Toleration by Joseph II (the parish was established in 1783). Local craftmen prepared the organ house and the pulpit a couple of years after the construction of the church. The late Baroque style building has a single nave and a rectangular floor plan. The ground floor of the tower in front of the entrance façade is open, with entrances closing in semicircles on three sides.
46.7329253,16.3708688   (   Map )
Velemér can boast one of the most important medieval Romanesque monuments in Hungary, the Holy Trinity Church. The church was built by the members of the Szécsi family at the end of the 13th century (in the Anjou period) at Paprét for their serfs. The building also shows some gothic features and had been made widely known and famous by the frescos painted by János Aquila in 1377.
Trg osvoboditve 9, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The church is situated on a hill above the town square, in the highest area of Lenart, and it gives a special character to the town. It is a uniformly Late-Gothic building, which was originally Romanesque and was built between 1515 and 1518. The matrineum (which houses the choir), bell tower and some defensive structures were added in 1531. The bell was cast in 1573.
Május 1. út 1, 9970 Szentgotthárd (   Map )
The old cemetery chapel of Szentgotthárd, located in a small grove on the left bench of the Rába river in the vicinity of the scythe factory, is still standing. The building is of Baroque origin, today it bears Gothic features and at the time of the Heiligenkreuz and Zirc Abbey it was the burial place of the Cistercians. Its Baroque main altar is the work of Joseph Schnitzer. The chapel was the final resting place of the order since 1756.
Széll Kálmán tér 7, 9970 (   Map )
The oldest monument of the town is the granary-theatre, thus it accompanied the history of Szentgotthárd over centuries. At the time when the Cistercians settled down, they built an unusually large-scale church. Royal captain Wolfgang Tieffenbach had it blown up in 1605 in fear of the approach of the Haiduk, led by Gergely Németh.
Močna 4, 2231 Pernica (   Map )
Šiker Hotel is a large and demanding newer investment and valuable acquisition of Gostilna Šikar, which was opened in late 2011. It is situated in pristine nature near Lake Pristava, only a hundred paces from the inn. It is meant for tourists who wish to get to know Slovenske gorice, for a family break in nature, for passers-by and business-people alike.
46.840396,16.4158802   (   Map )
The Collection on Local History bears the name of Edit Szikszay Károlyné and it presents the history of Őrség, and the everyday lives of the local people with the help of archive records and typical objects of Őrség. Edit Szikszay, local teacher established first a school collection from 1961, then a village collection. She collected the objects of folk culture and the intellectual values of Őrség with talent and good sense.
Dražen Vrh - del 35, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
They are situated among the lovely hills of Slovenske gorice, between Sveta Ana and Zgornje Velke. The old name for it is Pri Güngli. They grow 9000 vines of different varieties on 2 hectares of land, and various crops for livestock food on 10 hectares of land.
Zgornji Žerjavci 28, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The farm measures 25 ha. Its owners are engaged in milk production and the provision of services with machines. For more than 10 years, they also have a complementary activity, i.e. excursion tourism. All family members work on the farm.
46.7878072,16.3490508   (   Map )
The Kerca stream takes its source in Slovenia in the Goričko area, and flows into Kerka at Bajánsenye. It is the habitat of the thick shelled river mussel and the crawfish. Of the species of dragonfly the presence of several species highly important from the nature conservation point of view has been detected. Of the kinds of the sombre goldenring dragonfly (cordulegaster bidentata) the Balkan goldenring or cordulegaster heros is the most important.
46.901991,16.5690994   (   Map )
On the outskirt of the village of Szőce, in the valley of Szőce Creek, the monilia meadow of 127 arces is one of the most famous and significant, highly protected part of the Őrség National Park where you can also find a reasearch house for nature reserve. The most valuable part of the nature reserve is the chain of meadows spreading over the valley floor (14 acres) — the locals named it “wide water” or “wide water meadow”. Its most relevant community is the moor with sphagnum (Sphagnetum).
Égésszer 61, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
The rose daphne (Daphne cneorum) is the coat of arms plant of the Őrség National Park, as its prostrate stemmed subspecies is very typical of the region. Its strongest stands can be found in the central parts of the Őrség region, especially along the service road at Szalafő, on the top and the sides of the drainage ditch, at the edge of the woods, in a length of nearly 1 km. Several smaller stands are known to exist within the borders of the village Őrihodos, although these are all endangered.
46.7898336,16.3380645   (   Map )
To je najstarejša cerkev Őrséga, njena zgodovina sega vsaj v 12. stoletje. Stavba je bila porušena šele v drugi polovici 18. stoletja, ves material je bil vgrajen v takrat grajeno protestantsko cerkev. Cerkev je nekoč stala na starem pokopališču, na tem mestu je danes informacijska tabla.
Spodnja Voličina 81a, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
An old Slovene saying goes »The guest is king«, but in our house we are convinced that a saying is not enough. We are also sure that our culinary masterpieces and friendly staff will do anything to make you feel like a king. You are always welcome in our inn: with friends, celebrating special moments, with a good drink and excellend dishes which warm the soul, both traditional Slovene meals and more modern ones.
Žice 6, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
We can claim with certainty that this part of Slovenske gorice has always been populated by different people, among them Romans (about 2000 years ago). Evidence of Roman settlements in these parts are the Roman barrows and tumulus. Barrows, archaeological monuments, were in the past used for burial on these parts. We differentiate between pre-historical and Roman provincial barrows. The barrows in Slovenske gorice have an unusual characteristic - only one or two urn burials.
Széll Kálmán tér 1, 9970 (   Map )
The Ministry of Religion and Public Education approved the foundation of a sub-grammar school in Szentgotthárd on 1 September 1893. Education was started two years later in the building constructed in accordance with the plans prepared by Zsigmond Herczeg and built by Henrik Loetz. After the school was upgraded to main grammar school, school-leaving exams could also be organised. This occurred first on 26 and 27 June 1906.
46.6779754,15.8244087   (   Map )
The chapel in Rožengrunt stands on land that is a part of the parish property of the Church of St. Ana. It is a big chapel with a presbytery, a double-decked belfry and was built in the first third of the 20th century. There is no information on why and when it was built, probably because the area used to belong to Austria. It is only known that at this exact spot there was a chapel, which was later extended. The chapel stands on the west side of the road from Rožengrunt to Lokavec.
46.954085,16.273667   (   Map )
With its houses built in the 18th and 19th century, the Main Square of Szentgotthárd preserved the beauty of the towns of that era. Each building is a piece of history. The houses of the Main Square now used as shops, cafés or flats once housed workshops, coffee-houses, casino, printer, cultural centres. The square was named after Kálmán Széll in 1900 to commemorate the region’s former Member of Parliament.
Zgornja Ščavnica 12, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Evangelical Cemetery, which the locals like to call ‘the Lutheran graveyard’, can be found in the area of Zgornja Ščavnica. The history of the cemetery goes back to the 1930s. Back then, some of the residents of the municipality identified themselves as Evangelicals. Between the World Wars there was an increase in resettlement from Prekmurje to the area of Slovenske gorice. Among them there were Evangelicals that wanted to keep their faith.
Kremberk 36, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Between Spodnja and Zgornja Ščavnica, on the hill above the valley of the river with the same name, in 1654, a wooden chapel was built. Between 1693 and 1705 the current parish church of St. Ana was built and was renovated twice in the 19th century. The church has three altars, the main altar is the work of the sculptor Jože Holzinger from Maribor, made in 1794. In the side chapel there are murals by the classicist painter Jožef Reitter from the first half of the 19th century.
Füzesi út 3, 9970 (   Map )
The spa satisfies all needs of wellness and medicinal spas. The nearby thermal well provides the pools with thermal water of approximately 35°C. Guests wishing to rest and relax can enter a truly Mediterranean world: beneath the huge glass dome of the spa you can find palm and banana trees and evergreen plants. Even in the coldest winter you have the feeling of a Caribbean summer. Our spa won an architectural standards award 2008.
Krivi Vrh 13, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Hafner Winery is situated in the middle of Slovenske gorice at Sveta Ana, where all the best vineyards in Styria were found in the past. Wine drinkers are welcomed to wine tastings in their cellar, accompanied by professional guidance. They produce approximately 30,000 bottles of top-quality wines.
The chapel is situated in the middle of a field, near the accumulation lake Radehova. The chapel is in the Neo-Gothic style and is a typical example of the simplified sacral architecture of the 20th century. The location is known from the Reformation period, in which it was home to a sect of so-called jumpers (“skakači”), which died out as late as 1622.
46.55836,15.78714   (   Map )
The landscape park, enclosing some 851 hectares of land, was placed on the list of protected areas in 1992. It encompasses part of the Slovenske gorice hills between the Drava and Pesnica valleys, more specifically between Završka vas, Korena, Voličina and Hrastovec. It is part of so-called isolated karst, which has both above- and below-ground karst features. The isolated karst area is 1-2 kilometres wide and stretches from Duplek in the Southwest to Hrastovec in the Northeast.
Vrtna ulica 7, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The establishment has been in business since 1995. It is situated by the main Lenart-Ptuj road, about 800 metres from the centre of Lenart and above Radehova Lake. It is known for its delicious pizzas. In 2012 it expanded its menu, so that it now also serves lunches, pasta, grilled food, lasagne, salad plates, steak and dessert. The restaurant also serves local wines, coffee and other non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. It can accept up to 100 guests in the restaurant and its terrace.
Széll Kálmán tér 11, 1024 (   Map )
The Cistercians arriving at Szentgotthárd first started to build a place to live in, the monastery, in 1740. The plans were also made by Franz Anton Pilgram. First they began building the southern wing and the monks could move in as early as in 1746. The part of the monastery, which can still be seen today, was completed around 1750, yet the symmetrical, northern part around of the church could not be completed.   The building is now used as the Townhall.
46.56358,15.84081   (   Map )
The accumulation lake near the Radehova settlement in the Pesnica Valley was made by damming the Globovnica. It is 750 metres long and 400 metres wide, and has a surface area of 24 hectares. It is a popular fishing spot, as it is the home of various fish, including catfish, carp, pike, zander and some others.
Dražen Vrh - del 56, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The homestead is known for its old, wooden house called ‘cimprača’ and is a local ethnological monument. This typical farm house, with its preserved furbishing was built in the middle of the 19th century. The homestead is comprised of the main house; a low, brick agricultural building with typical ventilation nets from the bricks; and a wooden cross.
46.57069,15.80717   (   Map )
The accumulation Komarnik Lake is located approximately 2 kilometres west of Lenart in Slovenske gorice. It was first mentioned in records in the 16th century, when the Herbersteins from Hrastovec used it to breed fish. In the 1960s it was repurposed into a flood control reservoir and reinforced with an embankment on the western side. It encompasses 25 hectares and has an average depth of 1.5 metres.
Zavrh 97, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
In 1963, the local people erected a wooden tower on Zavrh, which was 24 metres high, and named it after General Rudolf Maister. On the same spot today stands the 17 metre high metal viewing tower, which, when the weather is fine, offers fantastic views of Pohorje, Kozjak, Boč, Donačka gora, neighbouring Croatia and even the plains of Hungary. In the midst of the settlement proudly stands Stupica’s villa, in which the general occasionally spent some time resting.
Vitomarci 77, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Pavlič or Toš Chapel is situated in a picturesque location below the church. It was built by the Toš family in 1925 as a token of gratitude for, in 1925, just a day before New Year’s Day, the whole family was spared from a fire. Until 1950, holy masses and the Eucharistic Procession on the feast of the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ were held at the chapel. The posts (altars) were situated at different chapels. This closed-type chapel is from the 20th century.
Drbetinci 47, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The tourist farm, “Druzovič”, is a well-kept homestead in the heart of Slovenske gorice with a lovely view of the valley. Visit it when you want to rest for a few days, take walks in the countryside, go cycling in Slovenske gorice, or when you simply want to enjoy some homemade food. Along with a wide range of home-grown and homemade food, they offer different types of wines which you can pour yourself in their stone cellar.
Drbetinci 26, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The tourist farm, “Pri kapeli”, is a well-kept homestead at the end of the village of Drbetinci, upon a hill with a lovely view of the valley. The view reaches Ptuj, 15 kilometres away, and sometimes even as far as Gornja Radgona. The family makes sure that their guests leave with fond memories of this part of Slovenia. Without good food there are no good memories, so, at the farm, they take great care in choosing which food to offer their guests.
Krivi Vrh 9, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Plague memorial or Pomorski križ is situated by the main road from Sveta Ana towards Lenart in a place called Krivi Vrh. The Plague memorial is inscribed with the year 1637. Back then, people died as a result of the plague and the memorial was named accordingly. Allegedly, there is a cemetery under the memorial. It is also known as Bajnkov križ and, in more recent times, as Ajlečov križ, for in the past it was owned by the Aljec family.
Močna 7, 2231 Pernica (   Map )
The private museum collection contains a great variety of farmyard tools and machines. It is divided into six groups: agriculture, fruit farming, viticulture, carpentry, cooperage, making wheels and peasants’ means of transport. Some of the exhibited objects are also related to the apartment culture and milling. The tools and machines, displayed in the museum, mostly date from the 19th century.
46.521177,15.928903   (   Map )
The plague column used to be situated at a crossroads, today it is surrounded only by fields on a ridge stretching from Vitomarci towards Sela… It is said to be the gravesite of two sets of victims: those who had died of the plague and those who had died in a landslide, that had buried a few houses and people. The stone column at Sela has architectural features from the first quarter of the 16th century.
Trg osvoboditve 14-16, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The old part of Lenart contains buildings typical for a market settlement, including 18th century bourgeois houses which stretch from the rectory by the church along the road to Maribor, Gornja Radgona, Ptuj and Jurovski Dol. The rotovž (town hall) and hospital are what remains from the secular architecture of Lenart’s past.
Močna 7, 2231 Pernica (   Map )
Next to the Radgona-Maribor road, once frequented by carters, stands the Šiker inn, where one can quench one’s thirst and get a full belly of good food. It all began in 1870, when Mihael and Ana Schiker began the story of the local inn for carters, which soon became popular among locals and wayfarers too. The rich experience was passed on from generation to generation, which is why we can prepare traditional, time-tested meals.
Spodnja Voličina 80a, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
The Fekonja tradition of gastronomy began in 1970, when my mother Brigita went into the business. When I took over, I focused on pizzas and other wood-fire food at first, but later on we expanded our menu with lunches, in order to tend to the wishes of our guests. A family restaurant with a tradition, authentic home-cooked food, delicious food from a wood-fired oven, tasty lunches and pizzas of all sorts.
Kremberk 39, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Močna 4, 2231 Pernica (   Map )
Among the grasslands of Pesnica valley south of the Močna settlement the river Pesnica was dammed to form Pristava Lake. Its other name is Šiker’s pond, as it lies near the famous Šiker inn. The first pond, which had previously belonged to the Counts Herberstein, who used it for breeding fish, was enlarged decades ago by damming the stream of the Pesnica. The lake is 750 metres long and 500 metres wide, it has a surface area of about 30 hectares.
Zavrh 1a, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
The unique open-type chapel dates from the 19th century. It has a gently-sloping pyramid-shaped roof, which stands upon Tuscan order pillars of a baldachin shape. In the building’s centre is a plague column dating from 1510, which has, however, only been preserved above the roof. The chapel stands upon a triangular lawn by a road intersection just after one enters Zavrh.
Hrastovec v Slov. goricah 23, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
In the dispersed settlement Hrastovec in the northern part of the wooded karst plateau Hrastovenjak lie the Hrastovec ponds, encompassing some 4.2 hectares. These were originally owned by the Counts Herberstein, who also owned the nearby Komarnik Lake. The area is an important habitat to some endangered plant and animal species – it was classified as a natural monument in 1992.
Zavrh 42, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
In Zavrh, opposite Maister’s viewing tower, lies a country villa, built in 1923 and named after its former owner, Fran Štupica. A cultural centre was added to the building in 1947/48. The villa is important because it was frequented by Rudolf Maister – Vojanov (1874-1934), who was a general, fighter for the Slovene northern border, poet, bibliophile and patriot. He enjoyed visiting his friend in Zavrh – the notary of Lenart, Fran Štupica.
Zavrh 41, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
Lormanje 26, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
In ŠRC Polena you can play football and beach volleyball; boules can also be played. Annual harness races are held on the sand circuit, which is also used by recreational runners, hikers and walkers. The asphalt-covered track is used for training by professional, as well as recreational cyclists of all ages. There is also an annual fair of farming equipment and related crafts (kmetijsko-obrtniški sejem – KOS), held during the last weekend of May.
Zamarkova 23, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The memorial, constructed on a triangular base, has a niche on its front side, on which can be seen the remains of decorative paint. It was set up in 1610 and refurbished in 1815 and 1887. The structure is topped by a baroque roof with a cardinal’s cross and two vases along the sides. It stands next to the Maribor-Lenart road not far from Šiker’s inn.
Kremberk 36a, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
On the premises of the health dispensary in Kremberk there is a memorial room of Dr. Roman Lesnika. He is a local figure, born in 1898 near Sveta Ana, his parents were teachers at the Elementary school in Sveta Ana. Roman Lesnika was born in 1898 and gained his education at the Medical Faculty in Graz. He specialised in dentistry and was managing the pharmaceuticals. During the wartime occupation, he helped many people. The permanent exhibition showcases the equipment of Roman Lesnika, M.D.
Ledinek 23, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
A very lovely, neat and tidy tourism farm with a beautiful ambience. They can boast with their homemade paté, a wide range of homemade schnapps and homemade grape and apricot juices. Bauman Farm is situated on one of the many hills of Slovenske gorice, in a place called Ledinek. They are 3 km away from the centre of Sveta Ana and 10 km from the neighbouring town of Lenart. Among their various farming activities, they produce food and beverages.
Drbetinci 13, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The tourist farm, “Druzovič”, is a well-kept homestead in the heart of Slovenske gorice with a lovely view of the valley. Visit it when you want to rest for a few days, take walks in the countryside, go cycling in Slovenske gorice, or when you simply want to enjoy some homemade food. Along with a wide range of home-grown and homemade food, they offer different types of wines which you can pour yourself in their stone cellar.
Fő út 48, 9982 Orfalu (   Map )
The Tourism Association Andovci was founded in 2008. The purpose of the Society is to actively work in the field of preserving the mother tongue and cultivating the culture and customs of the Slovenian community in Porabje. On the other hand, we want to present all these values ​​to the general public. The seat of the society is in Andovci. We made it into a 150-year-old farmhouse. In the courtyard of the house is set "Mali Triglav", a stone from Triglav as a symbol of Slovene.
Kremberk 9a, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The vineyard of the Majcenovič family is situated in a famous location from where, in the past, they supplied the Viennese Court with wines and fruit. The place is also an interesting vantage point, from it you can see the Koralpe in Austria. Their achievements are reflected in the certificate for integrated production of grapes and a number of awards for quality wines (fairs, viniculture societies). One can buy their products at their home (on prior arrangement) throughout the year.
Kremberk 36, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Polič family produces top-quality wine. They are the recipients of several certificates of quality. The farm’s main business is producing wine and cattle farming on 5 hectares of arable land, 1.4 hectares of that land is for growing vines. Their cellar has a tunnel under the road that leads to the vineyard. They have completely rebuilt the winery and they are planning to extend the menu and offer accommodation. Their menu and wine list is available in the winery and at their home.
Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah 14, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
A tavern with a long tradition. Founded in 1949, it is a renowned and famous restaurant. They have a lovely ambience and offer various dishes.  On their menu, you can find wines, salamis made of game and sausages. On the farm they have been producing wine for over thirty years. They have more than 3 hectares of vineyards and 12 hectares of pens for rearing deer, with 60 fully-grown animals (deer, mouflon, fallow deer).
Spodnja Voličina 154, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
Voličina is a typical example of a Slovene clustered village with an old village core, which formed in the vicinity of the church. The settlement was first mentioned in a ducal urbarium from 1265. The lands of Voličina were owned by the feudal lords of Hrastovec and Vurberk. The central part of the village is the church of St Rupert, first mentioned in 1443.
Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah 28, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Buffet restaurant Šenk invites you to Sveta Ana, where you can enjoy yourself drinking a cup of coffee with your loved ones. They also have a summer terrace where you can relax in the company of friends. Besides the regular 'buffet' menu, they offer catering for groups, celebrations and parties.
Zavrh 93, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
Welcome to our establishment! Our love for viticulture and wine led us to the wish to share the passion with you. So we started a new project and renovated the dilapidated building in Zavrh to give it a pleasant, homelike ambient where you can enjoy good wine in good company. From our exterior seats you can watch the growth of our vineyard full of young sauvignon or admire the view of the sun-bathed Slovenske gorice.
Vitomarci 74, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The church is situated within the boundaries of the original parish of Ptuj. In the 16th century, it was completely rebuilt, perhaps even built anew. The only date on the bell is 1529, which puts the building of the church before the Turkish incursions in 1532. In literature, the building of the church is recorded as 1513, but the plaque on the bell that is mentioned in it, is gone.
46.7898336,16.3380645   (   Map )
Območje, znano pod imenom Gozdni park ali gozd Laczó, je eno od najstarejših prireditvenih prostorov v Őriszentpétru. Spomini segajo v prvo polovico 20. stoletja, ko je bil Gozdni park zelo priljubljena in obiskana lokacija ne le za lokalno prebivalstvo, temveč tudi za obiskovalce Őrséga: tu so se odvijali krajevni in regionalni kulturni dogodki; med domačini, ki so se zanimali za šport, pa je bilo zelo priljubljeno teniško igrišče ob cesti in pozneje igrišče za odbojko. V sedemdesetih letih 20.
Zgornja Ščavnica 100, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Damjan Slaček Gardening Centre is located in Zgornja Ščavnica. They offer ornamental plants for balconies and beds, vegetables (yellow bell peppers, sweet peppers – peg top, peppers for roasting, tomatoes, chillies, aubergine, string beans …) herbs, seedlings (sage, thyme, rosemary) and vegetables.
Zgornja Ščavnica 17, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
You can visit the Simonič vinegar distillery in Zgornja Ščavnica, where they offer natural, homemade herbal vinegars (apple, wine, spirit vinegar, mixed vinegar, aged vinegars, cherry vinegar) and a presentation of vinegar making. They produce vinegars from tall apple trees that are bought from all over Slovenske gorice. The farm has received a large number of awards in Slovenia and elsewhere. They hold awards from Dobrote slovenskih kmetij.
Kolarič Oil Mill is a smaller family business that is located between Sveti Jurij and Sveta Ana. They have been in the business of pumpkin oil production for more than twenty years. Soon after starting up, they built an oil mill and their range of products has been growing ever since. They started with pumpkin seed oil, but later they found other ways for pumpkin seed and oil usage. They also produce cold-pressed oils. They wish to offer buyers something new and fresh to spice up their menu.
Zavrh 86, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
Once inhabited by feudal vintners, the building has been renovated into an interesting museum of peasants’ life. It has a well-preserved cellar dating from 1860, and its upper portion, made from stone, was added in 1926. The rich and interesting private ethnological collection includes personal affects, viticultural tools and technical heritage of the people of the Slovenske gorice region in the past, in the time of the wine cottages.
46.56809,15.83172   (   Map )
Račji gaj je urejen kot miniaturni obvodni park. Je krajmiru in počitka, ki omogoča opazovanje življenja na vodi in ob njej. Tukaj živijo race domače vrste, race mlakarice,labod grbec, zelenonoga tukalica, vodna kura liska,različne ptice, dvoživke in še nekatere druge živali.
Zgornja Ščavnica 96, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Rožman’s mill is in the valley of the Ščavnica River. It was built in 1890 and was known as ‘Feržov mlin’. In 1962, Jože and Martina Rožman bought the mill and it became theirs. It is widely known because, for several decades, it was the place where the locals brought their grains to be ground. The knowledge of grinding is passed on from one generation to the other. In the past, the mill was driven by a large water wheel, powered by the Ščavnica River.
Nikova ulica 9, 2230 Lenart v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Zgornja Voličina 87, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
Zidano znamenje iz leta 1659, ki stoji na cestnem križiščuv Voličini, ima v zgornjem delu štiri globoke, polkrožnozaključene niše s podobami naslednjih patronov:svetega Ruperta (Voličina), svetega Lenarta (Lenart vSlovenskih goricah), svete Barbare (Korena) in sveteMarjete (Pernica).
Zavrh 42, 2232 Voličina (   Map )
V završkem kulturnem domu (Zavrh 42) si je možno ogledati spominsko sobo, posvečeno generalu Maistru, z razstavljenimi predmeti in dokumenti, tesno povezanimi s pomembnimi dogodki iz njegovega življenja. TD Rudolf Maister - Vojanov Zavrh vsako leto v novembru pripravi t. i. Maistrove dneve v spomin na znamenitega Slovenca, ki je na Zavrh rad prihajal na oddih. V Stupičevi vili je napisal svojo drugo pesniško zbirko Kitica mojih(1929).
Zgornja Ščavnica 71, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Prančberger Farm is located in Zgornja Ščavnica. You are invited to the farm, where they will be happy to show what they offer and introduce you to the method of producing and processing pumpkins. The Kolbls, as they are known locally, have been farming for generations. They are farmers, vegetable growers and pig farmers. The production and processing of pumpkins is is just a sideline. They hold a certificate in integrated vegetable growing and crop production.
Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah 17, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Not far from the centre of Sveta Ana, there is a Tea House and Herbs Kolarič, a place where they grow herbs and make items with or out of herbs. The highlight of their herb garden is the earthen house, that is also called the Tea House. There, they hold presentations of collected herbs - their features, meaning and use. They inform you about the procedures of the collecting and drying of herbs and offer freshly prepared herbal teas.
Zgornja Ščavnica 90, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The Eder’s family chapel is a closed-type chapel. The time and reason for its build are not known, but it is assumed that it was built around the second half of the 19th century. In 2007, the chapel was renovated, before that it was renovated in 1937 and, again, in 1990. Until a few years ago, a statue of St. Florian allegedly stood in front of it.
Žice 23, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
Farm Zadravec is located in Žice, they rear chickens and sell eggs and homemade pasta. The Zadravec family has been rearing chickens for egg production for several generations. In fact, Granny used to carry chickens to Maribor’s farmers market and sold the eggs there. It is important that buyers know the difference between the unenriched cage production of eggs and free-range eggs. They offer free-range eggs.
Zgornja Ročica 17, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The farm is located in Zgornja Ročica and is certified organic. They offer a tour of the farm and farm animals and workshops for children. The farm covers 10 hectares; the owners are sheep farmers. They make good use of the sheep wool producing a variety of handmade items made of both wool and felt, for example, socks, knee-highs, thigh-highs, shawls, insoles for shoes, cases for glasses, phones…They also offer linseed, spelt, pumpkin seeds, lamb (seasonal) and vegetables.
Krivi Vrh 21, 2233 Sv. Ana v Slov. goricah (   Map )
The estate is lovingly called ‘Antica’, which she likes very much. Her mother taught her crocheting and knitting, which she has further developed. She never runs out of ideas for products, her deft hands change them into useful decorative creations. She offers pictures, wooden sculptures, crocheted and knitted items (bags, phone cases etc.) paper flowers, decorative items from Fimo clay and natural materials.
Zgornje Konjišče 12, 9253 Apače (   Map )
In the Zgornje Konjišče Tourist Recreational Centre (TRC Zgornje Konjišče), proudly and patiently, in the arms of the silent ponds, there is an old, mighty oak trunk, waiting for you to pass some time with it and get lost in the stories of ancient times. Almost 1350 years ago, on the banks of the Mura River, a mighty oak fell into the river and remained hidden until 1999, when it was uncovered whilst the old gravel pits were being repaired. In 2005, part of the trunk was dug out.
Vitomarci 5a, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
Fridau Bee Farm are beekeepers with a vision and with a desire to offer the customer the best honey on the market. Their buyers, friends, acquaintances and co-workers can attest that they are on the right path, for they are returning customers who know that Fridau honey is something special and is made from the heart. On Fridau Bee Farm, the bees are kept in Langstroth Root beehives at three locations which allows them to obtain varietal honey.
Drbetinci 6, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The closed-type chapel was built in the first quarter of the 20th century. At the altar, can be found the folk-carving of Jesus in the iconographic style of Jesus Christ, whose popularity grew in the 19th and 20th centuries. Inside, the preserved concrete floor with an interesting pattern is of note, most likely it came from the former factory that made items from cement in Krapje, near Ljutomer.
Stogovci 54, 9253 Apače (   Map )
The Carmel Ranch in Stogovci, near the border with the Republic of Austria, is a place of untouched nature on the Apače plain where the wonders of Croatian Dalmatia can be enjoyed, prepared under the expert guidance of the head chef and ranch boss, who gained experience in America and who makes sure your culinary adventures are unforgettable. Restaurant and tourism are the way of life in this family business.
Vitomarci 42b, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Municipality of Sveti Andraž in Slovenske gorice has a long history of education, it was first mentioned in writing in 1791. Regular education began in 1812. In the Museum and Interactive Classroom, is part of the tourist product ESCAPE, “Escape to School through Time”, where visitors can learn about the development of education in Sveti Andraž.
Vitomarci 71, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Municipality of Sveti Andraž in Slovenske gorice has a long history of education, it was first mentioned in writing in 1791. Until they built the school, education took place in different private houses around the church.
Rjavci 1, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
A wetland area is always flooded with surface water and groundwater, thus enabling the growth of rich vegetation and allowing aquatic life to flourish. In the municipality of Sveti Andraž in Slovenske gorice there is one such wetland area, Müže, found at the edge of the villages of Novinci and Hvaletinci. In the valley on the edge of Novinci, the natural area of Müže, with its rich vegetation, natural forest and wet fields, meadows and unregulated creek, is where one can find crayfish.
Hvaletinci 2, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Natural Sciences–Educational Society ‘Sapientia’ has its headquarters at no.2, Hvaletinci. This 19th century house is situated in a peaceful location and is surrounded by a garden that is tended by the knowledge-thirsty members of the society. It was founded with the purpose of reviving folk herbalism and uncovering new approaches towards natural sciences.
Drbetinci 3, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
Toš Fruit Farm has a long-standing tradition, the fourth generation is currently growing fruit. The apples are grown with integrated production and are delivered weekly to different institutions in Ljubljana and Maribor. For the last couple of years, they have been growing watermelons, strawberries and other berries. On their webpage, you can order the quantity and types of apples you want, which are then delivered to your home.
Lešane 16, 9253 Apače (   Map )
A beautiful chapel with three crosses and a belfry is situated at the crossroads of the roads of Črnci – Lešane – Spodnja Ščavnica, opposite house no. 16 Lešane. In 1683, at this exact spot, there were three oak crosses. They are said to have been erected in memory of the villagers and Turks who lost their lives in the battle of 1683. in 1928, they built the walls of the chapel around the crosses and a belfry was erected. The belfry is open at the front and has a railing.
, 9253 Apače (   Map )
At the cemetery of Apače, the Sacral Ethnological Museum is situated. It was opened in 2018. The area of Apaško polje has quite a few landmark events in its history that marked the lives of generations of its inhabitants. The photographs in the museum tell the story of the lifestyles of our ancestors down through the history of our area – about the Evangelical and Catholic faith and the migrations of the inhabitants of Apače Valley. To visit, guests must make an appointment.
Vitomarci 74, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Cobra Bar is situated in the centre of the Municipality of Sv. Andraž in Slovenske gorice, near the church. Until 1997, the bar was also a disco for the nightlife of the youngsters in the area. Today, the bar is managed by the owner’s daughter who took over from her father in 2017. The new management has updated the bar’s look and what it offers, so now guests can enjoy a game of billiards or darts as well.
Lutverci 57, 9253 Apače (   Map )
Along the main road of Gornja Radgona – Apače – Trate, in the north western part of the village Lutverci, stands a beautiful chapel, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It was built in the first quarter of the 20th century. According to folk tradition, it was built in memory of a great fire, when the whole village is said to have burned down. In the chapel, alongside the painting of St. Joseph there is another saint, St.
Črnci 64, 9253 Apače (   Map )
In 2006, a bridge for pedestrians and cyclists across the Mura River was opened between Črnci, on the Slovenian side, and Donnesdorf, on the Austrian side, in order to attract more tourists and visitors from both sides of the Mura River. The bridge is a connecting point for many cycling routes on both sides of the Mura River and represents the connection between the two neighbouring countries within the EU.
Vitomarci 3, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
Čeh Grafting Nursery is a family business that, for the last 30 years, has been engaged in the production of grafts. As they are also winegrowers, they understand that quality grafts are extremely important to produce superior wines, so they make sure their grafts are of top-notch quality. They offer various types of vine grafts for wine production (table wines, other wines). In the last few years they have engaged in growing new, organic varieties that are disease resistant.
Podgorje 7, 9253 Apače (   Map )
The life-size statue of St. Paul is situated on the crossroad in Podgorje, across from no. 4 and no.5. It stands on a round, stone pedestal and it is a beautiful centrepiece for the small square, where travellers can stop and rest. The characteristics of the statue reveal it was probably made in the 17th century. Years ago, it used to stand across the road and the villagers claim even back then it came from some other location, but no one knows from where.
Zgornje Konjišče 2, 9253 Apače (   Map )
In the Vrtnica Inn in Zgornje Konjišče, near the border with the Republic of Austria, guests are always welcomed with a smile and a kind word. They have two shady winter terraces, one terrace is suitable for 30 guests, the other for 20. They also offer accommodation (5 double- rooms and 1 single room) and a gym and sauna for staying guests. They have garnered approval from guests with their innovative inclusion of seasonal products and slow food menus.
The path of the Mura River starts at 1895m above sea level in the Austrian state of Salzburg, in the Radstadt Tauern. Every year, it brings down fresh snowmelt. Regardless of all the dams its 444 km long course is at its most picturesque in Pomurje, where it is alive and naturally diverse.
Apače 42a, 9253 Apače (   Map )
The inn, which has a long tradition, is situated in the centre of Apače, the main settlement of the municipality of Apače. They have a large, comfortable and pleasant summer terrace with plenty of shade. Along with the various à la carte dishes, you can order the daily set lunch menu, Sunday lunches, and desserts, the most well-known being their “kremna rezina” or cream slice.
Vitomarci 65, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The Rola Bar has a long history; it is said that it was first mentioned in the 18th century. Some claim it was opened by a travelling potter, who, in 1780, moved there from Vilna, the capital of Lithuania, and became a pub owner and farmer. It is said that the famous writer Ivan Cankar frequented this pub when he travelled from Ptuj to Sv. Trojica to visit Dr. Krajger.
Vitomarci 69, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The remains of stone tools (axes and hammers) put the first settlers in this area far back in ancient times. In Roman times, it is said that, nearby, there was a Roman road that connected Ptuj and Gornja Radgona. Some of the settlements were first mentioned in the 13th century. Vitomarci as Witmansdorf was first mentioned in 1297, Drbetinci as Dobrensdorf and Hvaletinci as Qualenfintz in 1307 and so on. Novinci is the youngest settlement that arose from part of Smolinci and Andrenci.
In wonderful, untouched countryside in Zgornje Konjišče, on the border with the Republic of Austria, there is a the Zgornje Konjišče tourist recreational centre. It is surrounded by ponds, walking paths and natural and cultural monuments, as well as the Ribiški dom restaurant (literally the “Fisherman's Home”), that are open throughout the year for guests who want to enjoy nature.
Hvaletinci 3, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
The oldest and most widely known gothic plague column from the turn of the 16th century with a pedestal, square column and a little house with a pyramid-like roof. In the Middle Ages, there was an important crossroads in this spot, today there is only one road. The column is situated at the end of village Hvaletinci, near no. 13. The parishioners of Juršinci are buried here. The plague column was declared an important local landmark in 1989.
Drbetinci 2, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )

Vitomarci 71, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
46.670622,15.929219   (   Map )
To the south of the village of Plitvica, a plague memorial is situated in a field. Above the brick wreath there is a tabernacle-like niches and four-gable roof. On the stone pillar, 1669 is inscribed with the name Matihias Spintler, and a deeper niche with a relief of Christ. The folktales claim that the memorial was supposed to be a monument. It is said to be the final resting place of the villagers killed by the plague. The villagers call it the 'White Cross'.
Drbetinci 9a, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
In lower Drbetinci, the third oldest chapel in the area or Slovenia is situated. It stands on former church property. Around 1476, the Turks raided the lower parts of Styria. Miraculously, the village of Drbetinci remained intact, for oral traditions claim it was shrouded in fog and was circumvented. In gratitude, the villagers built a chapel, dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Nasova 38, 9253 Apače (   Map )
A family run inn with 24 years of tradition. They have a large, shady terrace that is suitable for up to 50 guests, from which the guest can admire the untouched nature in the village of Nasova. They will pamper your taste buds with authentic local dishes such as “kisla juha” or sour soup, bograč, homemade cold cuts, suckling pig roast, homemade fried chicken, and “gibanice” (a pastry, containing various layers of cottage cheese, ground walnuts, poppy seeds, and apples).

Plitvica 10a, 9253 Apače (   Map )
The inn is situated in the centre of Plitvica. They have an extra-large summer terrace, suitable for up to 120 guests. Inside, the venue is suitable for 100 guests. They offer various beverages and à la carte dishes. They are known for their fish specialties and homemade Styrian gibanica (a layered pastry). You can order dishes and their services outside working hours, with prior arrangement.
Stogovci 58, 9253 Apače (   Map )
This family wine bar has been open for more than 20 years. Erih took over the business from his father. They have a large, shady terrace, that accommodates numerous guests and from the terrace one can view the untouched nature of the valley of Apače and observe the lives of the farm animals. Guests can order homemade dishes, homemade cold cuts, homemade bread, homegrown vegetables and house wine.
Stogovci 41, 9253 Apače (   Map )
In the southern part of the village of Stogovci, address 41 Stogovci, is a lovely brick chapel with a belfry. It is covered by a two-gable, brick roof. The villagers call it the chapel by Baligač. It was built in the beginning of the 20th century, even though the folk tales claim that a chapel was erected at that place in 1917 or maybe earlier. The chapel had a bell that was stolen by the Germans in 1994-45 but, in 1989, Mr Alojz Baligač had it replaced with a slightly smaller, newer one.
Wild garlic is typical of the Apače Valley. One can find it in early spring in forests along the Mura River and it has a distinctive scent. Fresh, bright green fragrant leaves colour the forest ground, when the trees are still without leaves after the long, cold winter. Since our forests are full of wild garlic, our municipality has become famous for it. Due to the beautiful countryside in which it is found, it is a true natural tourist magnet.
Črnci 63, 9253 Apače (   Map )
A family inn situated by the Mura River and the cycling and hiking bridge across the Mura in Črnci. They have two shady terraces, suitable for more than 100 guests. Next to the terrace is a playground and a volleyball court, where children of all ages can have fun. It is an excellent resting spot for cyclists and others for it is situated in beautiful countryside, where the spring smells of wild garlic and the songs of birds and the whisper of the Mura calms the body and spirit.
Žiberci 58, 9253 Apače (   Map )
This family inn has been open for 41 years. The present owner, Slavko, took over the business from his father, updated refurbished and modernised the inn and so attracted more guests. They have a large, shady terrace that is suitable for up to 80 guests. Next to the parking lot there is a children’s playground. Along with the various à la carte dishes, they offer daily set lunch menus, Sunday lunches and desserts.
Vitomarci 70, 2255 Vitomarci (   Map )
Next to the municipal building of the Municipality of Sv. Andraž in Slovenske gorice, the Kupčič homestead can be found. It is the homestead of a winegrower and amateur researcher of the historical and cultural heritage of the area. He makes good-high-quality, award-winning wines, labelled Prädikat, and distils homemade schnapps.
Nasova 22, 9253 Apače (   Map )
At an idyllic location in Nasova, at the address 24 Nasova, a lovely chapel with a belfry is situated. The chapel was erected in 1947 and is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in memory of the fortunate return of Ivan Potočnik from the German army. It has a small, wooden bell tower with a decorated tin roof. The side facades each have a neo-gothic window. Every year, there is an Easter food blessing near the chapel.
Galambosszer 4, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
7451 91, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Galambosszer 23, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Templomszer 22, 9942 Szalafő (   Map )
Dózsa György út 52, 9933 Őrimagyarósd (   Map )
Galambosszer 1, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Galambosszer 10, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Galambosszer 15, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Városszer 94, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
46.868316,16.357033   (   Map )
46.864263,16.331504   (   Map )
Siskaszer 26/a, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Városszer 57, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Városszer 94, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
7451 92, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Galambosszer 27, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Alsószer 36, 9942 (   Map )
46.867361,16.350111   (   Map )
Fő út 107, 9945 Kercaszomor (   Map )
Fő út 102, 9945 Kercaszomor (   Map )
Siskaszer 26, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Galambosszer 1, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Galambosszer 6, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Városszer 57, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Városszer 116, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Fő út 27, 9946 Magyarszombatfa (   Map )
Alsószer 28, 9938 Nagyrákos (   Map )
46.960568,16.540585   (   Map )
46.866443,16.356403   (   Map )
Városszer 94, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
Fő út 61, 9946 Velemér (   Map )
Templomszer 1, 9942 Szalafő (   Map )
46.901987,16.571288   (   Map )
Városszer 57, 9941 Őriszentpéter (   Map )
46.784573,16.427104   (   Map )
46.94494,16.503584   (   Map )