With the immigration of people from Prekmurje to the Apače Valley in the 1930s, the Evangelical community was founded. They needed a place of worship, therefore, in 1931, with great effort, they bought a house by the main road through Apače with some land attached to it and extra land for a cemetery. The house was built around 1864, renovated in 1917, and the last renovation in 2017 gave it its current beautiful look. With the arrival of the first preacher, Zoltan (Zlatko) Kerčmar, in 1932, the church community became completely independent. Zoltan Kerčmar led the priesthood service in Apače until his death in 1962. He was buried in the Evangelical part of the cemetery in Apače.