Castle Hill

46.8853889,16.5333113 ( Map )


Őrimagyarósd was founded by border guards in the period of the Kingdom of Hungary. In 1270, King Steven V issued the patent of the guards of “Monorosd” which determined their rights and duties in details. The Castle, Fortress of Őrimagyarósd came to existence during the Ottoman Hungary period. The Darabos Family of Magyarósd converted their own noble mansion for guarding purposes around 1590.