Between Spodnja and Zgornja Ščavnica, on the hill above the valley of the river with the same name, in 1654, a wooden chapel was built. Between 1693 and 1705 the current parish church of St. Ana was built and was renovated twice in the 19th century. The church has three altars, the main altar is the work of the sculptor Jože Holzinger from Maribor, made in 1794. In the side chapel there are murals by the classicist painter Jožef Reitter from the first half of the 19th century. The beginnings of the Church of St. Ana go back to the middle of the 17th century. At that time, the Church of the Holy Trinity was built. It was a place of pilgrimage for people from all around. There were many pilgrims from the German side, for the owner of the castle in Mureck Vuk of Stubenberg was the patron of the church in Sveta Trojica. The pilgrims rested in Kremberk, which is in the middle between Mureck and Sv. Trojica. They expressed a wish to have at least a chapel there where they could worship. This wish was fulfilled around 1654, when farmers built a wooden chapel on the highest hill, honouring St. Ana. Later, it was decided that the Church of St. Ana belonged to the parish of Apače. In 1786, it became an independent parish. Between 1693 and 1705 the current church was built.