With its houses built in the 18th and 19th century, the Main Square of Szentgotthárd preserved the beauty of the towns of that era. Each building is a piece of history. The houses of the Main Square now used as shops, cafés or flats once housed workshops, coffee-houses, casino, printer, cultural centres. The square was named after Kálmán Széll in 1900 to commemorate the region’s former Member of Parliament. In the provincial yet lively square we will find the statue of Hungarian King Béla III founding the municipality in 1183, the Baroque building complex which is the ‘trademark’ of the town and the Theatre reconstructed from the former Granary Church.